Kerosene heaters and cookers
cooking and heating
Miles Stair's SURVIVAL
INDEX & JET STREAM
COLLOIDAL SILVER GENERATOR
- Two, 6" lengths of .999 pure silver flat 3/32" wide
- Two alligator clip leads, approximately one foot
long, of 18 to 22 gauge stranded wire.
- One 16 oz. glass jar.
- One small eyedropper type bottle for saline
- Three, 9 volt batteries (normal radio or smoke
- One gallon jug of distilled water -
not tap water.
MAKE SALINE SOLUTION AS FOLLOWS:
- Mix one level teaspoon of sea salt with four (4)
ounces of distilled water.
- Fill eyedropper bottle with saline solution and
store the rest in the refrigerator.
- (After the first batch of colloidal silver is made,
a few drops of CS in the saline solution will prevent
TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER:
- 1. Snap the three batteries together in series: ( +
- + - + -) (One of the batteries will appear upside
down.) The batteries can be attached to a board with
velcro straps to hold them in place.
- 2. Add 16 ounces of distilled water to jar or glass
(tall and narrow is better than short/wide).
- 3. Place silver wires over open mouth of jar.
- 4. Make sure the two silver wires don t
- 5. Attach clip leads to the two silver wires.
- 6. Attach the other ends of the clip leads to the
two exposed terminals on the battery pack.
- 7. Add 4 drops of saline solution to glass or jar
(to improve conductivity of the water).
- 8. Set an audible timer for 10 minutes. You will
notice one silver wire (cathode) releasing hydrogen
bubbles and the other wire releasing a grey cloudy
"mist" into the water (anode +).
- 9. Disconnect the clip leads after 10 minutes.
- A. You now have a 5 to 7 ppm solution of
colloidal silver. There is no apparent benefit in
making a stronger solution.
- B. With a pint jar you can make 16 ounces of
colloidal silver in 10 to 14 minutes.
- 10. Leave the dark oxide on the anode wire. Do not
clean it off until immediately before using it again
for the next batch, but use it as the cathode next time
to even out the wear on the wire.
- 11. Store colloidal silver in dark brown glass
bottles (32 oz large mouth beer bottles with screw
caps work well). DO NOT store colloidal silver in
metal or plastic containers.
Store the bottles of colloidal silver in a warm dark
place away from sunlight: colloidal silver is
photosensitive and may change chemically.
Shake or swirl bottle before each use.
- 12. It is important that colloidal silver be made
in distilled water.
SUGGESTED USES OF COLLOIDAL SILVER:
- Daily maintenance dose = 2 ounces for gargle, then
- Moderate illness = 2 ounces three times daily.
- Severe illness = 3 ounces three times daily.